WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Electronic speed control and motor
- Steering servo
- Battery with Traxxas High-Current Connector
- 6 or 7 cell NiMH battery pack
- 2s or 3s LiPo battery pack
- Battery charger
- Metric hex drivers
- 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm
- Basic hand tools
- Screwdrivers, needle nose pliers
- Traxxas Ultra-Premium Tire Glue (part #6468) or CA glue
- Safety glasses
- Polycarbonate paint
TRX-4 Sport Innovation and Off-Road Capability
Now Available as a Kit!
The Traxxas TRX-4 Sport is purpose built for trail-conquering RC fun with innovative technical features and rugged durability. The new TRX-4 Sport Unassembled Kit combines all the technical capability of the RTR truck, with the excitement of building your own kit. The TRX-4 Sport Kit assembles to form a roller chassis without electronics, battery, or charger. From mild to wild, enjoy ultimate build-it-yourself freedom to add your own motor, electronic speed control (ESC), servo, and radio system to the highly competent chassis. All the parts are organized neatly in labeled bags with pre-assembled shocks and suspension links. A fully illustrated color manual makes the kit as much fun to construct as it is to take off-road.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE KIT
- Unassembled TRX-4 Sport Kit
- Pre-cut clear TRX-4 Sport body
- Expedition Rack with scale accessories
- Full-color step-by-step assembly manual
Includes Over $70 of Scale Accessories!
The Traxxas TRX-4 Sport Kit comes fully outfitted with an entire complement of scale accessories as standard equipment. The expedition rack not only looks great, but provides rugged protection for the body. The body and expedition rack are outfitted with a replica snorkel, side mirrors, traction boards, fire extinguisher, jack, and gas cans for maximum scale detail. The front and rear injection molded grill and tail gate also include lenses to make installing LED lights a breeze!
Easy to Follow Assembly Instructions
The TRX-4 Sport Unassembled Kit isn’t just for expert hobbyists. Traxxas goes the extra mile to make the full-color instruction book easy to follow and fun to use. Each section corresponds to a labeled bag with step-by-step assembly instructions. True-to-scale part illustrations and ruler charts make it easy to differentiate between different screws, bearings, and gears. Helpful assembly tips and clear illustrations take the frustration out of the assembly process. Have fun on the workbench and on the trail with the new TRX-4 Sport Kit.
Ready to Assemble
The TRX-4 Sport Kit arrives ready to assemble with a full-color instruction guide, pre-cut clear body, and Expedition Rack with scale accessories. Key parts like shocks and suspension links come pre-assembled to make building easy and fun. Choose your own electronics, battery, and charger (sold separately) to complete your fully custom ride. A staff of skilled representatives is on hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Unmatched parts support keeps your Traxxas vehicle running strong with parts and support from thousands of hobby dealers worldwide. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your RC experience is easy and fun.
The Power of Portals
Build your own game-changing TRX-4® portal axles with the TRX-4 Sport Kit. These innovative axles lift the chassis at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck) your tires would need to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4’s. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis takes the path less traveled and leaves everything else behind.
Torque Twist Eliminated
Total axle gear reduction with portals is over twice non-portal designs, virtually eliminating torque twist. Portal axles transform the motor's power into straight, powerful, forward motion without twisting you off the rocks.
Canyon Trail 1.9 Tires
The 1.9 Canyon Trail tires and tuned foam inserts are super-soft and grippy to deliver superior bite on rocky surfaces with convincing scale realism. A 12 mm steel hex drives the wheels.
Pre-Assembled Aluminum GTS Shocks
Pre-assembled coil-over GTS shocks deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded shock bodies, an O-ring cap seal, and dual X-ring shaft seals. Just add the included shock oil.
Pre-Cut Clear Body
The TRX-4 Sport’s clear body comes pre-cut and ready to mount. The included window masking makes it easy to customize the body with your own polycarbonate paint. The detailed injection-molded grill and tail gate are LED-ready with clear (front) and colored (rear) lenses.
Expedition Rack and Scale Accessories
The TRX-4 Sport Kit includes rugged high-clearance front and rear bumpers with red D-rings and matching differential covers. The included Expedition Rack includes a full complement of replica accessories including a jack, gas cans, shovel, axe, snorkel, fire extinguisher, spare tire mount, and traction boards.
Full-time locked front and rear differentials transform your motor’s torque into unstoppable climbing action. With no slippage possible, all four wheels claw with equal traction, powering the lightweight Sport over the toughest obstacles.
Steel Gear Transmission
The single-speed transmission is geared low for the raw torque required to scale the steepest grades. Steel gears provide the Traxxas-Tough™ durability that keeps you on the trail.
Steep approach angles front and rear allow the TRX-4 Sport to tackle big obstacles head on. The front motor design biases weight forward for superior climbing ability.
Portal axles raise the axle link mounts, center driveshaft, steering drag link, and the tie rod up and out of harm’s way. Center ground clearance is increased while critical driveshaft and suspension link angles are reduced.
Tough, Pre-Assembled Suspension Links
Thick 5 mm diameter steel links feature tough, fully-captured heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls for exceptional strength and durability. This is one rig that won’t strand you on the trail with a broken suspension link.
The TRX-4 Sport Kit includes a fully waterproof receiver box for your receiver (sold separately). Only Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone. The elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
- Easy to follow full-color assembly manual
- True-to-scale part illustrations and ruler charts
- Helpful assembly tips and clear illustrations
- Clear TRX-4® Sport body
- Body comes pre-cut and ready to mount
- Includes window masking and decals
- Includes Expedition Rack with scale accessories
- Front grille and rear tail gate with lenses for LED lights
- Rugged front and rear bumpers with red D-rings
- (Requires polycarbonate paint)
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5 mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300 mm, 312 mm (standard), 324 mm, 336 mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6 mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartments
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Single-speed with steel gears
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Accepts standard size servos
- Superior 45° steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front — 3 link with panhard
- Rear — Triangulated 4 link
- Pre-assembled heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5 mm diameter steel link rods with 4 mm threaded ends
- Pre-assembled aluminum GTS Shocks
- Coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Shock oil included in kit
- Wheels and Tires
- 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Tough black scale wheels
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12 mm steel hex
- Tire glue required
- Patented O-Ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps micro receivers dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
TRX-4® SPORT KIT (#82010-4) SPECS Length: 21.93 inches (557 mm) Front Track: 9.78 inches (249 mm) Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249 mm) Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80 mm) Weight: 92.6 ounces (2.63 kg) (with electronics installed) Height: 9.47 inches (241 mm) Wheelbase: 12.28 inches (312 mm) Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90 mm) Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90 mm) Approach Angle: 58.82° Departure Angle: 45.83° Breakover Angle: 59° Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26 mm) Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26 mm) Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48 mm) Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48 mm) Wheel Hex: 12 mm Speed Control: Sold separately Motor (electric): Sold separately Differential Type: Spool (no differential) Transmission: Single speed Gear Pitch: 32 Chassis
Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD Radio System: Sold separately Skill Level: 2 Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26 mm H