Needed to Complete:
- NiMH 4-9 Cells (4.8V to 10.8V) Battery OR LiPo 2-3 Cells (7.4V to 11.1V) Battery
- 4 x AA Batteries for the Transmitter
Rustler VXL combines Traxxas Stability Management® (TSM) and Velineon® extreme horsepower with the proven fun and durability that made Rustler the number-1 selling electric stadium racer. The Velineon Brushless Power System launches Rustler VXL to new heights with speeds of 70mph and beyond! Hardcore, wheel-standing acceleration completely blows everything else away. Rustler’s low, wide stance provides razor-sharp handling and phenomenal grip with TSM keeping you in firm control. Go ahead, rip full throttle! Rustler kicks up towering roosts of mud and its waterproof electronics ensure that no adventure is out of reach, no matter how extreme!
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) lets you experience the Rustler's extreme power, speed, and acceleration by making it much easier to control on slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Go ahead, punch it off the line! TSM senses the vehicle’s direction and makes steering corrections to provide full throttle acceleration without fishtailing or spinouts. When cornering, TSM intuitively corrects the vehicle’s line for faster exit speeds. TSM even improves braking by keeping the truck arrow straight until you reach a complete stop. TSM does all this without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects. TSM can be fine-tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. Drive faster and have more fun with TSM. You may not even realize how much it is helping until you try to drive without it.
The Velineon brushless motor and electronic speed control (ESC) work together as an optimized package to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Rustler VXL, your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo) packs. These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 70mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s™ ESC helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
The Rustler VXL rolls out of the box Ready-To-Race® with the advanced TQi 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system and powerful Velineon Brushless Power System. The Rustler VXL is a blast to drive and easy to own with legendary durability, low-maintenance design, and unmatched parts support from thousands of hobby stores worldwide. With over 30 years in the hobby industry, Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your RC experience is easy and fun (and fast!). A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or email.
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) makes it possible to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into Traxxas models by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain the vehicle’s line, then hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep Traxxas trucks arrow straight until they come to a complete stop. Traxxas TSM gives all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting throttle. TSM can be fine-tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. The result is driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun. In fact, the driver may not even realize how much TSM is helping until it is turned off and their driving skills are tested without it!
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance by preventing spinouts
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions
Total Control. Traxxas models deserve the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The radio system is the sole connection between the driver and machine. It has to be precise, comfortable, powerful, and reliable. The all-new Traxxas® TQi™ radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features; long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal, and proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It's so advanced; it doesn't even need an external antenna.
The TQi's most important feature may already be in your pocket. Equip the TQi with a Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) and turn your Android, iPad® iPhone® or iPod touch® (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link™ App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that optimizes your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
The TQi 2.4GHz micro receiver fits easily into any vehicle, and features dual channel-1 outputs for easy installation in vehicles with dual steering servos—no Y-harness necessary! The integrated LINK button makes it fast and easy to bind the receiver, and the two-color LED indicates power-on and bind status for fool-proof control and convenience. Traxxas Link Model Memory allows the receiver to recognize up to thirty TQi 2.4GHz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated. Three telemetry ports are incorporated in the 5-channel receiver to allow real-time data to be transmitted from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter.
Rustler VXL's receiver is fully enclosed to protect it from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Velineon® VXL-3s ESC:
- Innovative waterproof design
- Three programmable
- Sport Mode - forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode - forward / brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% forward / brake / 50% reverse (patent pending)
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries.
- NiCad and NiMH battery packs: 4-9 cells (4.8 to 10.8 volts)
- LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
Velineon® 3500 Brushless Motor:
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets
- Optimized for power and efficiency in 1/10th scale vehicles
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Protective end cap
- 10-Turn, 3500kV
- Hex hardware
- Brilliant blue-anodizing finish
- Silicon steel laminations
- Delivers more power than comparable brushed motors
Maxx Cable 12-Gauge Wire
This super-flexible, high-current, low-resistance 12-gauge, wire flows energy in and out of the electronic speed control for maximum performance. The Traxxas Connector combines with Maxx cable to extract all the power your battery can supply.
Rustler VXL uses pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware for extra strength and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision 5x11mm rubber-sealed bearings offer super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dirty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and provide virtually maintenance free reliability.
Heavy-Duty Hub Carriers & Steering Blocks
Rustler VXL features all new ball bearing front steering blocks and rear hub carriers. They utilize large 5x11mm ball bearings for long-term performance, smooth operation, and increased durability.
Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
Factory fitted, heavy-duty steel turnbuckles allow camber and toe tuning. Rustler VXL is completely adjustable right out of the box to fine tune handling agility and high-speed performance. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and won't pop off.
Tires and Wheels
The Rustler VXL features new 2.8" All-Star™ black-chrome wheels. Alias™ rear tires feature a step-pin design, front Alias ribbed tires provide superior control, and performance-engineered foam inserts keep the truck firmly planted on extreme off-road terrain.
The black-chrome All-Star wheels feature a lightweight horizontal bead that holds the tire to the rim even under extreme rpm. Performance-designed foam inserts are standard and all tires come pre-glued from the factory to get you rolling right out of the box.
Anaconda 2.8" Tires (sold separately)
Transform your Rustler VXL into a menacing street machine with available Anaconda 2.8" street treads. These sticky, high-traction tires provide aggressive handling on paved surfaces. The Anaconda tires’ large tread blocks provide incredible grip and long-wearing performance. Buy them pre-glued and ready to install for instant on-road action.
Torque-Control™ Slipper Clutch
The Torque-Control slipper clutch utilizes special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent yet adjustable traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
Included Optional Pinion Gear
The Rustler VXL reaches a scorching 70+mph top speed using an optional 31-tooth pinion gear, 76-tooth spur gear, and a 3-cell 11.1V Lithium-polymer battery pack (sold separately). Out of the box, the installed 25-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on or off-road action. Installing the included optional 28-tooth pinion gear opens the door to breakneck 60+mph speeds!
Magnum 272™ Transmission
The Rustler VXL's Magnum 272 transmission features all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power transfers quietly to the durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts. The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks.
Planetary Gear Differential
The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential features a steel ring gear with a nylon housing for long life. Hardened steel internal gears provide maximum strength for rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
Drive Yokes with Telescopic Driveshafts
Rustler VXL’s drive yokes provide maximum durability to withstand the extreme power of the Velineon Brushless Power System. The slider driveshafts are extremely durable and allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel.
Powder Coated White Springs
New white springs feature a race-tuned spring rate for more responsive handling and the long-lasting, white powder coated finish sets Rustler apart from the pack.
Rustler VXL's fully trimmed and painted ProGraphix body comes with pre-applied decals to save you time and get you driving just minutes out of the box. The rear wing mounts to the body using countersunk aluminum hardware for unmatched strength. Traxxas' ProGraphix bodies are the hottest looking bodies around and only available on Traxxas Ready-To-Race® models.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. A Traxxas #2075 digital high-torque, ball bearing steering servo comes standard for precise control, quick response, and unmatched torque—all in a waterproof case. It has over 50% more torque than the standard Rustler's 2056 servo and is 25% faster! That's 125 oz-in torque, 0.16-second speed!
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks™
Rustler's oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to change precisely the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
High-performance bellcrank steering system minimizes bump steer to increase cornering stability.
- Traxxas Stability Management®
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Rustler VXL reaches speeds in excess of 70mph!*
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector transfers maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode – forward / brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% forward / brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) (#6533), fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Digital high-torque Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
- Durable steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Efficient Magnum 272™ steel-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential
- Updated heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Alias™ step-pin rear tires and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior
- Rustler's tires include performance foam inserts and come
pre-glued on black chrome 2.8" All-Star™ wheels
- Tough ProGraphix® pre-painted body
- Wing attaches securely to the body with precision hex hardware
- Rustler is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Length: 17.5" (445mm) Front Track: 12.25" (311mm) Rear Track: 12.25" (311mm) Weight: 59.6oz (1.69 kg) Height (Overall): 7" (178mm) Wheelbase: 11.375" (289mm) Front Shock Length: Long Rear Shock Length: XX-Long Front Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Ribbed 2.8" Rear Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Step-Pin 2.8" Front Wheels: 2.8" Black-Chrome (All-Star™) Rear Wheels: 2.8" Black-Chrome (All-Star™) Electronic Speed Control: VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control Motor (Electric): Velineon® 3500 Brushless Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (Final Drive: 9.05) Differential Type: Planetary Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch Transmission: Magnum 272™ Steering: Bellcrank Chassis Type: Modified Tub Chassis Material: Composite Nylon Radio System: TQi™ 2.4GHz Radio System w/TSM Receiver Top-Speed: 70+mph Skill Level: 2 Battery Tray Dimensions: 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
Input Voltage: NiMH 4-9 Cells (4.8 to 10.8 Volts DC);
LiPo 2-3 Cells (7.4 to 11.1 Volts DC)
Case Size: 39mmW x 55mmD x 33mmH Weight: 90 grams Motor Limit (Brushless): No motor limit On Resistance Forward: 0.00075 Ohms On Resistance Reverse: 0.00075 Ohms BEC Voltage: 6.0 V BEC Current: 2.5A Power Wire: 12-Gauge Maxx® Cable Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 100mm Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off) Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown Profile selection: Sport Mode:
100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 100% REV
100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, NO REV
50% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 50% REV
Single-Button Setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set® Battery Input Connector : Traxxas High-Current Connector Motor Types : Brushless Ports: RX Input, auxiliary fan