FIRESTORM 10T - HOT UPDATES AND COOL NEW FEATURES!
The Firestorm 10T has been a staple of the HPI off-road line-up since its introduction, and now we've added our latest 2.4GHz radio system to make driving with your friends easier than ever! 2.4GHz technology is the ultimate in user-friendly radio control fun - no more searching for radio crystals or trying to find an open channel at the track! We've also tidied away everything underneath two amazing paint designs inspired by the wildest extreme sports, and then added 6-spoke chrome wheels to wrap up this amazing package!
2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
Controlling the Firestorm 10T is easy with the HPI 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. If the truck loses radio signal, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop.
TOUGH is the word that best describes the Firestorm 10T. Everywhere you look, the critical parts have been designed to withstand the rigors of off-road racing. The key to durability for any 2WD stadium truck is the transmission, and the Firestorm 10T transmission is extra tough, using all metal gears to easily handle the power of hot electric motors. Inside the transmission is a sealed planetary differential with, again, all metal gears for extra toughness. And everything is protected by an adjustable dual-pad slipper clutch, and tough steel dogbones & axles transmit the power to the tires.
COMPLETE RACING SUSPENSION
The Firestorm 10T uses proven tough suspension design and racing geometry for extreme ruggedness, durability and great spares availability. The extra-long suspension arms are damped by adjustable long-strock shock absorbers, and turnbuckle camber links can be mounted in multiple locations for fine-tuning the handling. All of the plastic parts are moulded from tough nylon for impact absorbtion and strength. At the front, alloy steel axles spin on top-quality rubber-sealed ball bearings for the best efficiency possible, while at the rear, strong steel outdrives, dogbones and axles ensure you have the reliability and ruggedness to take on the most extreme terrain.
The shock absorbers are professionally assembled and filled with real silicone shock oil for consistent shock action no matter the conditions at the track. Fitted with big coil-over springs and equipped with threaded adjustable shock bodies, the shocks can take big hits and are easily adjustable for all racing conditions. Steel turnbuckles let you make fast adjustmnents, and different mounting points allow you to adjust roll centre for advanced race tuning. The front and rear wheels use HPI 12mm 'step' type aluminium hex adapters, letting you use any HPI rear wheels you have in your collection on the front OR rear!
The Firestorm 10T features two brand new pre-painted bodyshells in a cool 'splatter' design. Whether you choose the new bright blue or searing orange design, it's sure to grab the attention of your friends at the local track! The bodyshell comes completely trimmed, decaled and mounted for the ultimate in ease. The intricate paint design features an extreme sports-inspired layout for a concours-quality appearance. You can always customize your truck with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and other manufacturers as well! To set off the new paint schemes, the Firestorm 10T is topped off with a set of chrome-plated wheels for the final word in style.
The Firestorm 10T features the HPI Nitro Star G3.0 engine for loads of on-demand power and the ultimate in reliability. This is a high-output engine features a racing style SG shaft for the best power transfer to the transmission. An aluminium crankcase with cooling fins and a large forged heatsink head provide optimal cooling for long engine life and consistent performance. An aluminium tuned pipe and one-piece manifold give maximum torque and raw stump-pulling power! Finally, a reliable pull starter gets the G3.0 started up easily and a dual stage foam filter round out the engine package to make it the ultimate power source.
FULL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Just like all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your truck for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
FIRESTORM 10T 2.4GHz FEATURES SUMMARY:
- Nitro Star T3.0 engine with true ABC construction for extreme power and easy tuning
- Low-profile 75cc fuel tank for a lower centre of gravity
- 3mm aluminium plate main chassis is lightweight and durable
- Steel centre chassis brace keeps the spur gear and clutch bellmesh consistent, even in hard landings
- Race-tuned suspension geometry and components
- Nimble handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Existing Firestorm option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions (3 upper and 2 lower) to maximize suspension performance
- Adjustable wheelbase to tune the length of the truck to suit driving conditions
- Adjustable rear toe and anti-squat for quick adjustment to fine tune handling
- Dual pad slipper clutch protects the drive train on hard landings
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance, maximum reliability and convenience of tuning differential action with heavy weight silicone oils
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- Fibre brake disk with piston actuation for strong, smooth braking
- Ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Threaded shock bodies allow fine adjustment of ride height
- Silicone oil filled shocks for high performance and more consistent damping in extreme temperatures
- Aluminum 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale truck rear wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Alloy steel front axles are extremely durable
- Captured hinge pin design used throughout for easy maintenance with no E-clips
- Lay down steering servo for the lowest possible center of gravity
- High quality hex head machine screws used throughout for simple maintenance
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- Ground Assault taper pin rear tires and Front Line ribbed front tires for high traction and long life on nearly any surface
- Shiny chrome wheels made from high impact nylon for extreme durability
- Pre-painted body with custom silkscreen graphics
RTR FIRESTORM 10T 2.4GHz
Pre-Assembled 1/10th scale 2WD Nitro-powered truck with
2.4GHz radio system and painted DSX-2 body.
Supplied with either Orange/Black or Blue/Black painted bodyshell.
#105866 RTR FIRESTORM 10T 2.4GHz
Front Width: 325mm
Rear Width: 325mm
|WHAT YOU NEED:
AA batteries for radio & receiver pack
(HPI Plazma NiMH AA's recommended)
Glow plug igniter
HPI Nitro Starter Pack recommended!
(includes everything but fuel & AA batteries)