Classic looks. Open-air top. Aggressive stance. These are just some of the characteristics that describe the gorgeous 1969 Chevrolet Blazer, a rig that’s as comfortable climbing to the top of a mountain as it is cruising on the beach.
But this Blazer sports more than just a macho look. Additional items like chrome-coated grille, mirrors and door handles are included. Officially licensed Chassis Unlimited front and rear tube bumpers are mounted tight to the body for maximum clearance and a set of offroad light (with LEDs) shine some light when the action goes dark.
To keep the Blazer rolling along in even the toughest situations, we’ve mounted it on our rugged SCX10™ II chassis. High-clearance AR44 high-pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed AX10™ transmission case and tough steel suspension links are just a few of the parts that make the Blazer a beast on any terrain.
Needed to Complete
- 6-cell NiMH or 2-3S LiPo Battery
- Suitable Charger
What's in the box?
- (1) SCX10 II 1969 Chevrolet Blazer 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD RTR
- (1) User Manual
AR44 Single Piece Axle
The pinion gear is 6mm above center, this allows for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles. The high pinion design has an increased surface contact for increased durability. AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability. Integrated C-hubs and lockouts offer optimized performance as well as improved ground clearance. Helical, metal cut internal gears, and high-quality bearings are all standard equipment.
- High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
- The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
- Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
- AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability.
- 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
- Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
- Bolt on link mounts
- Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
- Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
Steel C-Channel Frame Rail Chassis
The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
Adjustable Battery Tray
The new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
- Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
- Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose
- Easy access for quicker battery changes
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh)
1.9 Method Hole Wheels
The MR307 Hole is a fresh take on the classic hole-wheel design that dominated early off road racing. Just like the Double Standard and NV, the Hole features a simulated beadlock ring by way of a strategically placed under-cut on the outer lip of the wheel. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look, molded in a magnesium grey color with a satin chrome beadlock rim.
1.9 Falken Wild Peak M/T Tire (S30)
The WildPeak All Terrain tire has amazing traction on many surfaces, even with its rather conservative pattern. This fact alone has had the entire industry on the edge of their seats waiting to see what the Falken rubber will be able to do with a more aggressive pattern.
- Officially licensed by Falken Tire
- 119.0mm (4.7”) Tall, 48mm (1.9”) Wide
- S30 compound
AR44™ Universal Axle Set
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Up to 45 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Compact yet durable design
- Hardened steel construction
All Steel Suspension Links
Strong steel links for both suspension and steering. Large M4 rod ends for durability
Chassis Mounted Servo (CMS)
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. But with this seemingly simple action comes a complexity of suspension hurdles to overcome - one of which is bump steer. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps interacting with improper length or angle of suspension and steering links. We made it our mission to design the front suspension in such a way that it eliminates or comes as close as possible to zero bump steer, to help give you the best driving experience possible.
- Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
- Steel links included w/ M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
- Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
Adjustable Coilover Shocks
The threaded shock bodies hold a single coilover spring. They are oil filled and allow you to tune the dampening rate.
- All new shock towers with body mounts built in
- The body mounting system covers a larger range of positions and is a much more solid mount than previous
- No additional spacer needed when mounting shocks
The ultra compact transmission allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices allowing super high speed or competition level crawling speed. The new transmission housing design still retains the basic function of the original transmission but in a new more scale looking case.
- Final drive ratio (FDR) 42.00 – Original SCX10 was 33.06
- All metal internal gears!
- Scale looks – silver color looks like cast aluminum
- Better mounting points at the base of the transmission – no more stripped screws!.
Dual Slipper Clutch
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
- More precise tuning and holding power
- Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications
WB8 HD Wild Boar™ Driveshafts
WB8 HD Wild Boar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
- Adjustable length driveline parts included in box
Waterproof Receiver Box / ESC Tray
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
- Clean mounting surface for your ESC is large enough to accommodate up to 50x40mm footprint
AE-5L ESC With Drag Brake
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
- LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
- Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
- Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
NOTE: LED leads not compatible with old Axial LED light strings, or third party LED light strings. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run Height: 9.25" (235mm) Length: 22" (559mm) Motor Type: 35T brushed motor Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz Servos: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in Size/Scale: 1/10 Speed Control: AE-5L, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics Wheelbase: 12.0" (304.8mm) Width: 9.5" (241mm)